When fertility becomes an issue for couples trying to conceive, many people look for alternative solutions.
One solution such as in vitro fertilization (IVF) may be brought in to rectify the problem. But what if there is another approach? A non-invasive approach? What if our bodies have been prevented from reaching their ideal state?
None of this is to say that IVF, hormonal therapy, and other procedures don’t work, or that it won’t help you. Rather, couples looking to solve their fertility challenges may want to consider an alternative approach in health care, and how doing so can aid the fertility process.
Chiropractic care is not designed to directly solve fertility problems. Rather, it’s a process through which the body can achieve an improved state of health, allowing for internal preparations that facilitate better fertility.
That is to say that although chiropractic doesn’t cure infertility, it does reduce stress and interference in the body and nervous system. In this way, the benefits of chiropractic care upon fertility can be significant for couples looking to conceive a child.
Chiropractic care is an alternative medical profession and a non-invasive therapy that works to adjust misaligned joints to reduce spinal nerve stress, and promote better overall health. It is a way of allowing your body to heal from the inside out, and help maintain your health without the use of drugs or surgery.
Not only do chiropractors do manual work, but they also perform spinal manipulation in order to realign the spine. They are nervous system specialists, and as such, they help with clearing the nervous system of excessive interference.
All in all, chiropractic care promotes a higher state of body harmony that keeps you healthy, and helps your body attain a more fertile state that increases the chances of conception.
Chiropractic care can have many benefits on your overall health to positively impact your fertility:
- Chiropractic care can reduce your physical and mental stress: It’s hard for your body to focus on fertility when it’s distracted with other priorities. By limiting the amount of stress exposed to your body, you’ll be more likely to be more fertile.
- Chiropractic care helps your nervous system function better: Your brain is at one end of your body sending out signals to the rest of your physical form. With so much of your body in between, sometimes the signal gets lost or misdirected. Chiropractic care can help ensure your skeletal system does not pinch your nerves, and that your pelvis is properly aligned to mitigate stress on your reproductive organs.
- Chiropractic care helps your body better digest food: Sure, you’re eating better, but is your body actually absorbing the nutrients you need? In addition to chewing more and reducing the pace at which you eat, chiropractic care can help promote better digestion and increase the nutrition you receive from your diet.
- Chiropractic care helps you breathe better: Breathing is an automatic biological process that we take for granted every day. However, our yawns, deep breaths, and heavy sighs suggest that our bodies are sometimes not receiving the air it needs. Through chiropractic care, nerve impingement is fixed by spinal manipulation of the thoracic segments which may help with breathing.
- Chiropractic care prevents chronic pain and improves flexibility: Chronic pain is a debilitating force that stiffens your body, often making simple movements painful . Chiropractic care can help you increase your range of movement and mitigate the amount of chronic pain you feel, preparing your body to become more fertile.
As we can see, chiropractic care can play a big supporting role in promoting fertility. It helps couples increase their chances of conceiving a child by establishing the optimal physiological environment necessary for conception. Clearly, the benefits of chiropractic care are immense when it comes to fertility!
Got questions or any concerns? Contact us at The WOMB Vaughan where we’re always ready to help!