An efficient and non-invasive method of healing all scars, even those from caesarean sections (c-sections) using the Dolphin Neurostim Device for MPS Therapy.
• Assists in reducing scar tenderness and pain.
• Increases tissue blood flow, sensation, and elasticity.
• Enhances functional outcomes, such as tissue strength and healing.
• The Microcurrent Point Stimulation (MPS) releases low level electrical impulses along that scar that increases the tissue’s intercellular metabolism, protein synthesis, and healing function to accelerate the tissue’s regeneration process.
• It assists in reducing muscular and fascial adhesions and restrictions resulting in a less painful and softer scar with increased overall mobility.
• With the help of this treatment, the patient can resume daily activities with minimal pain.
* Please note, the MPS is not recommended for the following conditions: pregnancy, pacemaker, prosthetics, or tumours and cancers.
Acupuncture can have many benefits across a variety of areas including:
- Balancing nervous system
- Preparing for labour and birth
- Improving energy and sleep
- Pain Management
- Hormonal balance & Menstrual concerns
- Stress & Anxiety
- Digestive concerns
- Managing Pregnancy Symptoms
Acupuncture can help nurture new parents by boosting energy, supporting mood and managing common discomforts that may occur.
Postpartum concerns that are commonly treated with acupuncture include:
• Promoting optimal milk supply
• Reduction of pain
• Scar healing
• Painful, heavy or irregular periods
• Uterine Fibroids
• Postpartum depletion / Low energy
• Postpartum anxiety / depression
Acupuncture can be a valuable and gentle treatment for a wide range of concerns across the entire family. Commonly it is used for energy, sleep, digestion, mood (stress, anxiety, depression), menstrual symptoms, migraines, headaches and pain management. For infants and children, or those who prefer needle-free techniques, acupressure techniques can be applied and demonstrated for at-home use.
Our Scar Release Practitioner
Dr. Michelle Zemari
Chiropractor & Scar Release Practitioner
Dr. Michelle Zemari is a family Chiropractor and Acupuncture provider with a special interest in prenatal, postnatal, and pediatric care. She...
Frequently Asked Questions About Scar Release Treatment
You can start as early as 6 weeks post-surgery or 20 years later! Our practitioners have has success treating scars of all ages.
Scar Release Treatment is provided under Chiropractic Care and as a stand alone service. Find out the availability, pricing and booking options for this service.
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy can help women prepare for childbirth, as well as to restore and recover afterwards. We use a combination of client education, evidence-based manual therapy, and exercise prescription to optimize the health of the pelvic region.